Today would have been my mom’s birthday. The truth is, it still is her birthday. When you lose your mom, so many days of the year hold such importance for you now – Your birthday, Mother’s Day, her birthday, various other holidays spent with family. And there’s always something missing on those days. Prior to her death, I had never really thought about what her birthday would be like once she was no longer here. Today is her third birthday since she passed into the next life, into Heaven, into the spirit world.I wanted to write something for all those who have also lost their mother. Those who feel her birthday approaching days and weeks ahead, unsure how to feel, what to think, what to do. These are some things that have helped me over the years:HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN:MOM I MISS YOU
1. Celebrate her birthday as if she were still here.
Many of my family members, including myself, have had a reading from a psychic medium in which my sweet mom came through. In every reading, my mom mentioned birthdays and how she wanted her own to be celebrated. She wants it to be a day of happiness, celebration, life. A day that she was remembered for her laughter, jokes, and beautiful smile. Even though your mom may no longer be alive, her birthday will always be her special day. Her spirit will be all around you that day (in fact, I’ve heard spirits love birthdays!) Throw her a party! That’s what my family has chosen to do this year.
2. Do something in honor of her on that day.
Wear her favorite color. Go to her favorite restaurant. Eat her favorite meal for dinner. Play her favorite song. Get a tattoo in memory of her. Plant new flowers at her grave. Write her a letter or a card.
3. Get a reading from a psychic medium.
I know I mentioned it earlier, and as someone who believes in and has experienced mediumship, I highly recommend scheduling a session with a medium yourself when you are ready. It is suggested that you wait until you have fully grieved so that you will be open to whatever may come through for you in your reading. Having a reading can bring so much clarity, peace of mind, and love back into your life after losing a loved one, especially your mom. I highly recommend booking a session with Barb Mallon. She is the real deal, a joy to work with, and offers several different types of sessions (She is based in the DC area but offers readings over the phone too!) What a special way to celebrate your mom by having a reading on or around her birthday!
4. Allow yourself to be.
Grief is a tricky emotion. It can hit us when we least expect it. Be open to whatever comes up for you that day. If you wake up on the morning of her birthday and all you can think about is how badly you want to hug her, then feel that. Allow the tears to fall. Or, if you wake up on her birthday and you’re overcome with joy, allow yourself to feel that too. There’s no need to feel guilty for having a smile on your face that day. In fact, it’s probably your mom’s way of coming through to celebrate.
Checkout More:Birthday wishes for friends
5. Remember that she loves you.
She is, and always will be, your sweet mom. Just as your birthday is a celebration of your birth and life, her birthday is a celebration of her birth, life, and legacy. She may have left this Earth but she can always help guide you, if you are open to it. She is cheering you on, encouraging you, loving you endlessly. However you choose to celebrate your mom’s birthday after she has passed on, may it bring you comfort and a sense of celebration. Reflect back on the life she lived and the lessons she taught you. Incorporate who she was – her essence, her personality, her hobbies and gifts into your life and the life of your family.
Checkout More:Happy Birthday wishes
To my sweet mom: Every single day you’re on my mind. Some days it’s still so hard to believe. To process. To understand. I’m not sure I ever will. All I can say is how much you mean to me. How deeply your life has impacted mine and how losing you changed how I live. I want more than anything to hug you today, feel you in my arms, and sway back and forth. To hear your sweet voice. To have you by my side as we celebrate you; all you’ve done, all you’ve conquered, sacrificed, taught, and accomplished. Your life still amazes me. And your love will never be forgotten.
Checkout More:Birthday wishes for girlfriend
- Every birthday memory I have includes you lighting the candles on my cake. Thank you for all that you have done, and I am looking forward to returning the favor this weekend.
- If you were not my mom already, then I would be absolutely jealous of whoever was your daughter. You’re awesome, Mom. Happy Birthday!
- Today is the day when I promise not to cause any of the trouble that I caused the rest of the year. Enjoy a peaceful birthday since you never know what I might do tomorrow. Just kidding. You’re amazing! I’ll be good, I promise.
- Checkout More:Birthday wishes for lover
- Birthdays are like chocolate. It’s best not to keep count of how many you have, and just enjoy them instead. Happy birthday to the sweetest mother I know.
- As you wake up this morning, I hope you enjoy the crisp fresh air full of bright sunshine and relish the sound of chirping birds. May every morning of this new year be as bright and special as the joy you bring to my life. Happy birthday, Mom!
- Every day I wake up, I always have you to thank. I have your guidance, your warmth, your love, and your heart: someone who loves me unconditionally. Right or wrong, you are always my Mom.
- Mom, no one can ever take your place in my heart. I love you forever and ever. No matter where I go or whom I meet, you will always be Number One to me.
- This year, I wanted to do something different so I made a list of everything I love about you. I ran out of paper, so I sent this text. You are the absolute best mother anyone could have.
- Let’s spend some time together soon, okay? I hope today is special. Happy birthday! I love you Mom.
- You’re the greatest. Thanks for all the cookies and milk. Happy birthday! I love you Mom.
- I wish you sunshine, blue skies and chirping birds this morning and every morning. Have a Splendid Birthday Mom!!!
- Thank you for the years of cake and ice cream. Today is your turn! Enjoy it to the Peak. Happy Birthday Mom!!!
- Mom, there is no other person who can take the place of yours in my heart. I’m so lucky that I’ve found the best mother in this entire world. You’ll always remain as the number one mom to me, no matter how far I’m from you.
- Every morning when I wake up, I always thank you. Your perfect supervision, your heart, your love and your warmth have given me a lot. You are the one who loves me unconditionally. You are always my lovely mom, wishing you a happy birthday.
- Mom, you are my angel darling. My heartfelt greetings to you on this special day. Happy Birthday, mom.
- Mom, you are my strength that always helps me to fight me against all odds of my life. I love you so much.
- Mama, all I want that I could grow up like you in the future. I wish you a happy birthday and it’s all your guidance for which I have become the person I’m now.
- My hearts store is filled with your blessings. There is no such gift that can be enough as a gift on your birthday. Happy birthday, mama.
- All the wonderful celebrations are waiting for you, because it’s the birthday of the most beautiful lady in this entire universe. Love you mom, happy birthday.
- My amazing mother, your birthday deserves all the amazing colors of celebration. You are the best mother in all the land.
- The woman who taught me everything and helped me to grow up and whom I love most is only you – mama. Happy birthday and thanks always.
- Mom, when you asked me to pursue my dreams, little kid did I know that you were giving up yours for mine. Thanks, happy birthday.
- God doesn’t make angels like you anymore. May you celebrate your birthday with happiness and inner peace. Happy Birthday Mom!
- You’ve seen me happy, you’ve seen me sad, you’ve seen me reasonable, you’ve seen me mad. Mom I may not have always said it, but you are the most beloved. Happy Birthday Mom!
- In every smile, every tear and every cheer you were always there for me through the years supporting me and providing me with all the energy I needed in order to stand in the game called life. Happy Birthday Mom and thank you for everything!
- Missing you my dearest mother …Today is truly filled with memories of happiness and tears of birthday celebrations that we have shared all throughout the years, happy birthday in heaven mom!
- Dear mom, happy birthday. Although I always miss you, the endless joy you have brought to my life still brings warmth to my heart. On this birthday of yours, my wish is for you to be happy wherever you are right now.
- Mom, I look up to the stars and the sky in heaven on this day, which happens to be your birthday. I am sending you lots of love, hugs and kisses on this special day. You are truly missed, we love you mom!
- Today, we are celebrating one more year of your life. Even if you are no longer with us mom, please know that we are thinking of you and that we miss you terribly, happy birthday!
- Mom, it’s your birthday, and though you are not here, I want to wish you a very happy birthday in heaven.
- Happy birthday my dearest and sweetest mother. Not a day will pass by that I will not think of you. I really miss you and my life has been empty since the day you passed away.
- Happy birthday, mommy! I hope that you feel very special today. Even if you are not here with us celebrating your birthday, please know that you are loved by us and we still thinking of you each and every day of our lives.
- Dear mom, please know that even if you are not with us anymore, you are so loved by all of us and we are very thankful for having you into our lives. We love you so much and we miss all the fun times and great memories that we have shared, happy birthday!
- Mom, your death has caged me in pain, agony and misery. But I don’t mind suffering, at least it has set you free. I miss you.
- The skies look beautiful every day because Heaven cannot contain the beauty that you radiate. I miss you mom.
- Mom, your memories are my life’s only solace. I miss you.
- Death thinks it can take you away from me. But it doesn’t know you will always live in my memory. I miss you.
- Your death is killing me, day after day. I miss you mom.
- The beautiful memories of the times we’ve spent together make me smile, only until the moment when they eventually remind me that you’re no longer here. I miss you.
- I wish could take back every pain and worry that I ever gave you. I wish that I could just undo, all the moments that made you blue. I miss you mom.
- Death has taken you to a beautiful place called Heaven, but it has made my life a living Hell. I miss you.
- Your death was a brutal lesson to me that life is so fickle. I wish destiny had given this lesson to me in a different way. I miss you.
- Your death anniversary is a painful regret of how we should have celebrated every day of our lives like a glorious anniversary while you were still alive. I miss you ma.
- Mom, your funeral is a mourning of your death, celebration of your life and acknowledgement of the end endless sacrifices you’ve made to keep us happy. We’ll miss you.
- Happy Birthday Mom, You are always in my thought & will be forever in my heart
I love you with with all my heart, and I miss you very much.Have A Wonderful Birthday!
- I still hear your voice and see your face, The best mom in the human race. You loved me through all the highs and lows, How much I miss you no-one but you and I know. Happy Birthday Mom!!!
- It is so hard on this day to remember you have gone away. I want to give you a birthday kiss but I can only remember the things I miss. Happy Birthday Mom!
- Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.
- My mom such a special lady, Now resting in a place so shady. Today I will spend some special time, Remembering the birthday of a lady who was so fine.
- Not a day goes by when I don’t think of you, miss you, love you, and thank God that I was blessed to be your daughter. Happy Birthday Mom.